6th English Book Back Answers Unit 2: Gulliver’s Travel
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard English Book Back Questions with Answers PDF uploaded and the same is given below. Class sixth candidates and those preparing for TNPSC exams can check the Book Back Answers PDF below. The Samacheer Kalvi Class 6th Std English Book Back Answers Term 2 Unit 2 – Gulliver’s Travel Supplementary Book Back Solutions Guide is given below. Check the complete Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Term 2 Unit 2 Questions and Answers below:
We also provide class 6th other units Book Back One and Two Mark Solutions Guide on our site. Students looking for a new syllabus 6th standard English Term 2 Unit 2 Supplementary Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
For all three term units of 6th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Back Answers
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Term II Book Back for Unit 2 Gulliver’s Travel Supplementary Question and Answers below:
6th English Term II Unit 2 Gulliver’s Travel Book Back Questions and Answers:
6th English Book Back Term 2 Unit 2 Supplementary Answers are given below,
6th English Book Back Answer
Term 2 – Supplementary
Unit – 2 Gulliver’s Travel
Read and Understand:
A. Read the following statements. Say True or False.
- Gulliver was the captain of the ship.
- One of the Lilliputians gave a ten minutes talk in Gulliver’s language.
- Gulliver took the small creatures in his hand and crushed them.
- The horses were four-and-a-half-inches tall.
- The war between the two kingdoms ended in peace.
State True or False: Additional
- Four of the crew members, including Gulliver got into a small boat.
- His hair, which was long and thick, was similarly tied down.
- To his surprise, he saw a human being not three inches high.
- Gulliver took up fifty of the small creatures in his hand and crushed them.
- Then they set about transporting Gulliver to the capital.
- Two or three curious young Lilliputians wanted to see how Gulliver looked when asleep.
- Gulliver was not set free at all.
- The Lilliputians ran to Blefuscu for help.
- He took a long rope, tied all the hundred ships together and dragged them in the water.
- Gulliver was hailed as a Hero.
B. Identify the speaker / character.
- He felt something moving along his body almost up to his chin.
- They somehow managed to put him on the platform.
- “Don’t let us down now, Gulliver; we need your help.”
- The Emperor of Lilliputians to Gulliver
Identify the Character / Speaker : Additional
- He found his arms and legs were securely tied with slender strings – Gulliver
- They soon brought baskets of meat and several loaves of bread – The Lilliputians
- ‘Don’t let us down now, Gulliver’. – The Emperor to Gulliver
- His leg was chained and he could only move about a little bit. – Gulliver
- ‘We need your help ’ – The Emperor to Gulliver
C. Choose the right option.
1. Gulliver managed to reach the land as he was _______
(a) A doctor
(b) One of the crews
(c) A swimmer
(d) the captain
Answer: (c) A swimmer
2. Gulliver was set free because the emperor _______
(a) was afraid of him
(b) confirmed that he was not harmful
(c) was a kind hearted person
(d) wanted to get something from.him
Answer: (b) confirmed that he was not harmful
3. Gulliver was hailed as a hero because he _______
(a) made the army of Blefuscu giddy.
(b) fought with the army of Blefuscu
(c) drowned the army of Blefuscu in the water
(d) defeated the emperor of Blefuscu.
Answer: (a) made the army of Blefuscu giddy
4. Gulliver, a ship’s doctor, took a job on the ship that was going on a long _______
Answer: (c) voyage
5. The coast appeared strange and _______
Answer: (a) lonely
D. Discuss in groups. Retell the story in your own words. Each one should say one sentence.
You can begin like this:
Gulliver was travelling in a ship. One stormy night, the ship was wrecked…
Gulliver was travelling in a ship. One stormy night, the ship was wrecked. Six of the crew„ members including Gulliver got into a boat and rowed. They were overturned by a big wave but Gulliver managed to reach an island, as he was a swimmer. He felt hungry and tired. So he slept on a patch of grass. When he woke up, he was unable to move his hands, legs, head and body. He was tied up with slender strings on each side and attached to pegs fixed on the ground. Later Gulliver understood that they were Lilliputians who were not six inches high. When Gulliver tried to free himself, the Lilliputians fired dozens of tiny arrows into his hand, face and body, until he was calm.
Gulliver asked for food and drink by signalling to-them with gestures. Gulliver slept ’’again and then he was transported to the capital on a large platform with twenty- two wheels pulled by dozens of four-and-half-inch horses. More than one hundred thousand Lilliputians came to see him. The Emperor received him and lodged him in an old and unused temple. After a few weeks, they decided that Gulliver meant them no harm. So they freed him. Gulliver stayed with them by helping them in many ways.
The neighbouring kingdom of Blefuscu declared war on Lilliput. The king brought hundred ships to mount an attack. Gulliver helped them. He walked into the sea, tied all the hundred ships and dragged them in the water. Gulliver pulled the ships the whole day, going round and round until the army of Blefuscu was giddy and in no position to fight. The king of Blefuscu begged for peace between the two kingdoms. The Emperor agreed and Gulliver was the hero for them. After that Gulliver lived peacefully in Lilliput for many years.
E. Think and Answer.
1. How did Gulliver overcome the adversity?
Gulliver landed into a strange city called Lilliput after the ship wreck. The people of Lilliput were not six inches tall. They thought he was a strange giant and tied him. Though Gulliver was upset at first, he managed to adapt to their environment and helped them in many ways, as they freed him, after some weeks. He also helpful them to make peace with their neighbouring kingdom of Blefuscu. He lived there peacefully for many years.
2. How should one react to adversity?
The diversity of religion, race, gender, culture etc are things that are bound to be different from person to person that you meet. Now is the time to embrace this diversity. The message to spread love and understanding are more important than ever in our day and time. Diversity fosters more creative and innovative workforce.
3. Describe Gulliver’s encounter with the army of Blefuscu.
Gulliver walked into the sea. He took a long rope, tied all the hundred ships together and dragged them in the water. Gulliver pulled the ships the whole day, going round and round until the army of Blefuscu was giddy and in no position to fight. The king of Blefuscu came begging for peace between the two kingdoms. The Emperor agreed and Gulliver was hailed as a hero.
F. Look at the traffic signals and write down the traffic rule against each signal.
G. Look at these pictures. Think of how you must behave when you visit these places. Discuss with your partner and complete the table.
Use Dust bins:
- Handle all the things with care.
- Use the rest rooms allotted for you.
- Keep your belongings carefully.
- Always be with your elders.
- Maintain discipline and give due respect to people.
Do not throw rubbish in public places:
- Do not handle rough or break any object.
- Don’t spit every where or pure water anywhere.
- Don’t throw your belongings here and there.
- Don’t go any where alone.
- Don’t shout and run about disturbing others.
Steps to Success:
H. What is the logical sequence for these words? Tick the right option.
Eg. 1.Leaves, 2. Fruit, 3.Seed, 4. Flowers, 5. root
(a) 2,4,5,1,3 (b) 3,5,1,4,2 (c) 1,2,3,4,5 (d) 5,3,1,2,4
Answer: (b) 3, 5, 1, 4, 2
Question 1. Drive, 2. Get in, 3. Arrive, 4. Park, 5. Open door
(a) 2,1,3,5,4 (b) 5,2,1,3,4 (c) 3,4,5,1,2 (d) 3,5,1,2,4
Answer: (b) 5, 2, 1, 3, 4
1. Travel, 2. Book, 3. Plan, 4. Confirm, 5. Enjoy
(a) 3,2,4,1,5 (b) 4,5,3,2,1 (c) 1,2,3,4,5 (d) 5,4,2,3,1
1. Rest, 2. Return, 3.Supper, 4. Go out, 5. Visit
(a) 1,2,3,4,5 (b) 4,5,1,2,3 (c) 4,5,2,3,1 (d) 5,4,3,2,1
(c) 4, 5, 2, 3, 1
1. Check out, 2. Pack, 3. Pay bill, 4. Vacate, 5. Drive
(a) 3,4,5,2,1 (b) 1,2,3,4,5 (c) 5,4,3,2,1 (d) 2,4,3,1,5
(d) 2, 4, 3, 1, 5
1. Wait, 2. Slow, 3. Go, 4. Stop, 5. Get ready
(a) 2,4,1,5,3 (b) 1,2,3,4,5 (c) 5,4,3,2,1 (d) 3,4,2,1,5
(a) 2, 4, 1, 5, 3
Other Important links for 6th English Book Back Answers:
Click here to download the complete 6th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Back Answers
Tamil Nadu Class 6th Standard Book Back Guide PDF, Click the link – 6th Book Back Questions & Answers PDF