6th std English Book Back Answers Unit 1: Who Owns the Water?
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard English Book Back Questions with Answers PDF uploaded and the same is given below. Class sixth candidates and those preparing for TNPSC exams can check the Book Back Grammer Answers PDF below. The Samacheer Kalvi Class 6th Std English Book Back Answers Term 3 Unit 1 – Who Owns the Water? Prose Solutions Guide is given below. Check the complete Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Term 3 Unit 1 Prose Questions and Answers below:
We also provide class 6th other units Book Back One and Two Mark Solutions Guide on our site. Students looking for a new syllabus 6th standard English Term 3 Unit 1 Prose Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
For all three term units of 6th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Back Answers
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back for Unit 1 Who Owns the Water? general and grammar part Questions and Answers below:
6th English Term III Unit 1 Who Owns the Water? Book Back Questions and Answers:
6th English Book Back Term 3 Unit 1 Prose Answers are given below,
6th English Book Back Answer
Term 3 – Prose
Unit – 1 Who Owns the Water?
Read and Understand:
A. Choose the correct answer and write it in the blank.
1. The little bird broadened the hole with her ________
Answer: (b) claws
2. The wild boar settled down scraping the hole into a _______ to have a good sleep.
Answer: (b) hollow
3. The poor farmer’s crop was _______
Answer: (a) meagre
B. Tick the correct answer.
1. The boar slept until the fading sun told him it was time to get up. What does the phrase until the fading sun mean? ‘
(a) until evening [✓]
(b) until sun fades in colour
2. The farmer was thankful at the sight of the verdant bowl because .
(a) it was a pond of water [ ✓]
(b) he wanted green grass
3. They all stood arpund the little jewel of blue means .
(a) They stood around the pond. [✓]
(b) They stood around the jewel which was blue.
4. The dry earth soaked up the moisture as a hungry puppy laps up milk. It means _______
(a) The puppy was very hungry.
(b) The dry earth absorbed the water very quickly. [✓]
C. Answer the following questions.
1. Pick out the line which tells you about seasons (in Sec II). Which seasons are mentioned?
The line “It rained without stopping for three days and three nights and the dry earth soaked up the moisture, as the hungry puppy laps up milk” tells about seasons. The summer and the rainy seasons are mentioned here.
2. What happened to the hole in the ground after the rain?
The hole in the ground collected the water that fell and the grass grew into a brighter green around its edges.
3. Identify a sentence and a phrase that tells us that the story took place in summer.
‘In summer months, he had to travel far to get water for his thirsty crops’. This sentence tells us that the story took place in summer. The phrase is ‘thirsty crops’.
D. Fill in the blanks with words given in the box to make compound words.
rain, Coconut, Coat, sail, fire
- We use [rain] on a rainy day.
- The toy [boat] danced on the pond
- We must drink [tender] water in summer
- We can see a [bow] after summer showers
- Clean the ashes out of the [place]
- rain coat
- sail boat
- tender coconut
- rain bow
- fire place
E. Complete the following using their group names.
- A _______ of wolves went hunting in the forest.
- She bought a new ________ of shoes for her birthday.
- A _______ of fish swam past our boat.
- A ________ of bees had settled on a mango tree.
- late a _______ of grapes.
F. listen to the weather report. Read the questions given below, then listen to the weather report again and fill in the blanks.
- Which season does the weather report show?
- What kind of a day is it?
- What is the temperature stated in the report?
- Tomorrow it may probably _______
- The weather report suggests to use _______
- clear warmy day
- 15 degrees
G. Imagine that you and your friend have decided to spend a day together in your house. You have planned your schedule from morning till night. Discuss in pairs and speak about it in the class. You can start like this:
1. I like to go for a walk but my friend wants to work out In the gym.
I like to go for a walk, but my friend wants to work out in the gym. After spending an hour in the gym, we planned to go to my house, take a bath and have breakfast. Next, we planned to discuss some points about our projects. Then we can relax for some time by watching TV or playing video games. After lunch, we planned to watch a new movie in the home theatre. In the evening, we decided to play cricket with our friends in our backyard. Then we planned to spend some time with my family members. Finally, my friend would go to his house, after having his dinner.
H. Fill in the blanks with suitable linking words or conjunctions.
- Our team played well _______ won the game. (but, because, and)
- She slipped badly _______ she did not hurt herself. (but, and, or)
- The box was heavy _______ he could not lift it. (so, because, and)
- Rani was late to school _______ she missed the bus. (because, so, and)
- You can use a pen _______ a pencil for writing. (but, and, or)
- The clouds moved away and the sun came out.
- Velu thanked his friend because he helped Velu in time.
- It rained heavily but the match continued.
- Eat slowly or you will get choked.
J. Write a short paragraph on ‘summer’ using the hints given.
you can begin like this
I live in Chennai. The weather is…
I live in Chennai. The weather is too hot here. The summer season begins in the month of March and continues till May or June. The temperature goes up to 40°C. We prefer to wear cotton clothes as they keep us cool. We stay hydrated during summer and we drink a lot of fruit juices and eat fruits like water melon, oranges, cucumbers and also consume more vegetables. We avoid going out frequently. We stay indoors at home or at workspot. During summer, we go to the beach quite often and hilly places to keep ourselves cool and pleasant.
K. Trees can help you recognise seasons. How do the frees look different in each season? Write a short paragraph with the dues given below.
- Summer – Trees stretch their leafy branches towards the sun.
- Spring – Branches are full of new green leaves.
- Rain – Trees absorb water and look green.
- Autumn – Trees shed their leaves.
Trees play an important role in the world. They help to purify the air, water and soil. Trees help us to recognise seasons. We can identify seasonal changes by watching trees. During summer, trees stretch their leafy branches towards the sun, as the temperature is ideal for trees. They produce their buds at the end of summer. During spring, they bloom and flower. Their branches are full of new green leaves. During rainy season, they absorb water and look green, whereas in the autumn season, the trees shed their leaves. Their leaves turn into pretty colours of maroon, red and slightly purple. The leaves get hardened and shed. Thus, the trees can help us to recognise the seasons.
Other Important links for 6th English Book Back Answers:
Click here to download the complete 6th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Back Answers
Tamil Nadu Class 6th Standard Book Back Guide PDF, Click the link – 6th Book Back Questions & Answers PDF