Samacheer Kalvi Class 6 Understanding Diversity Notes:
Samacheer Kalvi Book 6th standard book back 1 mark and 2 mark questions and answers uploaded on this page. Understanding Diversity Class 6 question and answers PDF available for both English medium 2022. TNPSC Exams Indian Polity Study Materials/Notes PDF for free download. The TNPSC Indian Polity Questions and Answers are Updated on our site. Extra questions and answers on Class 6 Social Science topic Understanding Diversity for UPSC and other Competitive exams. See below for 6th TNPSC Understanding Diversity Notes, Questions, and Answers:
TNPSC Indian Polity Study Materials:
TNPSC Understanding Diversity Questions and Answers are given below,
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. India consists of _____ States and’_____Union territories.
(a) 27,9 (b) 29 , 7 (c) 28,7 (d) 28,9
2. Which one of the following religions is not practiced in India?
(a) Sikhism (b) Islam (c) Zoroastrianism (d) Confucianism
3. Recognized official languages of India, as per VIIIth Schedule of Indian Constitution
(a) 25 (b) 23 (c) 22 (d) 26
4. India was called an “ethnological museum” by
(a) Rabindranath Tagore (b) Dr. Ambedkar (c) V.A. Smith (d) Adam Smith
5. India is known as a _____
(a) Continent (b) Subcontinent (c) Island (d) None of these
6. Mawsynram, the land of the highest rainfall is located in
(a) Manipur (b) Sikkim (c) Nagaland (d) Meghalaya
7. The number of recognized official languages______
(a) 13 (b) 18 (c) 22 (d) 25
8. Onam festival is celebrated in _____
(a) Kerala (b) Tamil Nadu (c) Punjab (d) Karnataka
9. Mohiniyattara is a classical dance of
(a) Kerala (b) Tamil Nadu (c) Manipur (d) Karnataka
10. ‘Discovery of India’ – a book was written by _____
(a) Rajaji (b) V.O.C (c) Nethaji (d) Jawaharlal Nehru
11. The phrase ‘ Unity in Diversity’ was coined by
(a) Jawaharlal Nehru (b) Ambedkar (c) Mahatma Gandhi (d) Rajaji
12. V.A. Smith called India as ______
(a) Great Democracy (b) Unique land of diversities (c) Ethnological museum (d) Secular nation
II. Fill in the blanks :
1. Geographical features and climatic conditions determine the _________ activities of region
2. Jaisalmer, the land of lowest rainfall is located in _________
3. Tamil was declared as a classical language in the year _________
4. Bihu festival is celebrated in _________
5. Jaisalmer, located in Rajasthan, is the land of ___________ rainfall.
III. Match the following:
- Negroids – a. Religion
- Coastal areas – b. India
- Zoroastrianism- c. Fishery
- Unity in diversity- d. Indian race
- – d
- – c
- – a
- – h
IV. Answer the following questions:
1. Define diversity.
In India, people speak different languages, eat different kinds of food, celebrate their own festivals. Diversity means a range of different people or things.
2. What are the types of diversity?
The types of diversity are
- Landforms and Lifestyle diversity
- Social diversity
- Religious diversity
- Linguistic diversity
- Cultural diversity
3. Why is India called a subcontinent?
- A continent is a very large area of land with various physical features such as mountains, plateaus, plains, rivers and seas, and various types of weather patterns,
- India has all of them. So, India is known as a sub-continent.
4. Write the names of three major festivals celebrated in India.
- Pongal, Deepavali – Hindus
- Miladi Nabi, Ramjan – Muslims
- Christmas, Easter – Christians
5. List out some of the classical dances of India.
- Bharatanatyam (it) Kathak
6. Why is India called the land of unity in diversity?
- In India, people who live in different parts of the country differ in their ways of life.
- These differences make us unique as Indians.
- We come from different backgrounds, belong to different cultures, worship different Gods in different ways, yet we live together.
- This is known as unity in diversity.
7. Who became part of the modern Indian race?
The Dravidians, Negroids, Aryans, Alpines, and Mongoloids became part of the modem Indian race.
8. Mention the folk dances of Tamil Nadu.
- Kolattam and Thappattam.
9. What is meant by community?
- A community is a place where people live together with a common interest or heritage.
- Our community is made up of peasants, laborers, artisans, parents, teachers, students, and many others.
10. What are the various styles of music practiced in India?
Hindustani music, Karnatic music, Classical music, Folk music, Lavani, Ghazl are some of the music practiced in India.
Click Here for Achieving Equality Study Materials – Achieving Equality Notes/Study Materials
Click Here for Indian Polity Study Materials and Notes – Indian Polity Study Materials