8th Book Back English – Unit 6: Lessons in Life
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Standard New English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 8 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Solutions/Guide available for English and Tamil Medium. 8th Std English Book Portion consists of 7 Prose, 7 Poems, and 7 Supplementary Units. All 7 Units of English Prose, Poem, and Supplementary Book Back Solutions are given below. Check Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Unit 6 Poem Book Back PDF for Free Download.
Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Back for Unit 6 Lessons in Life general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Unit 6 Lessons in Life Book Back:
Unit – 6 Lessons in Life
A. Comprehension Questions:
1. What is planting a flower is compared to?
Planting a flower is compared to the blossoming of a friendship.
2. What does the tiniest creature need?
The tiniest creature needs room.
3. What do the smallest gifts deserve?
Even the smallest gifts deserve a warm thank you.
4. What will happen if you fail to give importance to others?
Everything is really important on earth. If we fail to give importance to others, they will forget us. It will make us feel bad in the future.
5. What do you learn from your lessons in life?
I express my friendship with others by respecting them.
6. Pick and write the rhyming words from the third stanza.
Sad – bad.
7. “Having a friend is like planting a flower.” Explain.
What is the figure of speech used in the line?
The figure of speech used in this line is “simile”.
B. Answer the following:
1. Write a sentence using ‘as fast as the wind’.
He always runs “as fast as the wind”
2. Write a simile using the word ‘like’.
He fought ‘like’ a lion in the battle.
3. Create a simile using the word ‘as’.
Her hair is ‘as black as coal’.
4. What does ‘smart as a fox’ mean?
It means that ‘looking as foolish outwardly but really very clever’.
1. Which of the given options is a Metaphor?
a) Life is like a chocolate box.
b) Raj is like his twin brother
c) His words are pearls of wisdom.
d) The bus is slow as a snail
2. What does “The world is a stage” mean?
The world is a stage is a Metaphor.
3. Identify the metaphor in the sentence:
Her hai is always a rat’s nest in the morning, rat’s nest – is the metaphor.
4. Write a sentence on your own that includes a Metaphor:
My mother is the queen of my family.
Other Important links for 8th English Book Back Solutions:
Click here to download the complete Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Answer Guide – 8th English Book Back Answers