8th Book Back English – Unit 1: The Woman on Platform 8
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Standard New English Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 8 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Solutions/Guide available for English and Tamil Medium. 8th Std English Book Portion consists of 7 Prose, 7 Poems, and 7 Supplementary Units. All 7 Units of English Prose, Poem, and Supplementary Book Back Solutions are given below. Check Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Unit 1 Supplementary Book Back PDF for Free Download.
Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Back for Unit 1 The Woman on Platform 8 general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Unit 1 The Woman on Platform 8 Book Back:
Unit – 1 The Woman on Platform 8
A. Choose the best answer.
1. Satish’s mother handed to her son …………….
a) bag of pencil
b) bag of vegetables
c) big box of chocolates
d) cricket ball
2. The train would come at …………….
a) one o’clock
b) twelve o’clock
c) two o’clock
d) eleven o’clock
3. The strange lady gave ……………. to Arun.
a) coffee and vada
b) tea and bajji
c) samosas and jalebis
d) black tea and cake
4. Arun was sitting on platform ……………. .
a) no. 7
b) no. 8
c) no. 4
d) no. 3
5. Satish and Arun were ……………. years old boys.
B. Match the following.
|1. woman in white||mother of Satish|
|2. train||boy of same age|
|3. bowler||dressed simply|
|4. Satish||waves of stream|
|1. woman in white||dressed simply|
|2. train||waves of stream|
|4. Satish||boy of same age|
|5. spectacles||mother of Satish|
C. Identify the character.
1. I am glad to know that.
Ans: – Mother of Satish
2. Are you all alone, my son?
Ans: – strange lady
3. Yes, I am going to school.
Ans: – Arun
4. He is one of my friends.
Ans: – Satish
5. Goodbye mother.
Ans: – Arun
D. Answer the following questions.
1. Where was arun sitting?
Arun was sitting on platform no. 8 at Ambala station.
2. What was the expected time of train’s arrival?
The train would arrive at the midnight.
3. What was the sight Arun had seen on the platform?
Arun saw a tide of people, the cries of various vendors and the newspaper boy.
4. What did the vendors sell?
The vendors were selling curds and lemon, the sweet meet, the newspaper.
5. How did the woman appear?
The woman had a pale face and dark kind eyes. She wore no jewels and was dressed very simply in a white saree.
6. Where was Arun travelling to?
Arun was traveling to his boarding school.
7. What did the woman buy for him?
The woman bought samosas and jalebis. She also ordered tea for Arun.
8. What was the advice of Sathish’s mother?
The mother of Sathish advised him not to talk to the strangers.
9. What were Arun’s last words?
Aruns last words were “Goodbye – mother”.
10. What was the reaction of the woman at the end?
The strange woman held the hand of Arun and she smiled in a gentle understanding way.
Other Important links for 8th English Book Back Solutions:
Click here to download the complete Samacheer Kalvi 8th English Book Answer Guide – 8th English Book Back Answers