7th Std English Book Back Answers Term II Unit 2: The Last Stone Carver
Samacheer Kalvi 7th Standard English Book Back Questions with Answers PDF uploaded and the same is given below. Class Seventh candidates and those preparing for TNPSC exams can check the Book Back Grammer Answers PDF below. The Samacheer Kalvi Class 7th Std English Book Back Answers Term II Unit 2 – The Last Stone Carver Book Back Solutions Guide is given below. Check the complete Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Term 2 Unit Prose Questions and Answers below:
We also provide class 7th other units Book Back One and Two Mark Solutions Guide on our site. Students looking for a new syllabus 7th standard English Term II Unit 2 Prose Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
For all three term units of 7th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 7th English Book Back Answers
Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Book Back for Unit 2 The Last Stone Carver general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Term II Unit 2 – The Last Stone Carver Book Back Answers:
The Samacheer Kalvi 7th English Book Back Term2 Unit 2 Prose Answers are given below,
7th English Book Back Answer
Prose – Term 2
Unit – 2 The Last Stone Carver
Work in pairs.
A. Arrange the words in alphabetical order, find the meaning of the words from the dictionary, and fill in the blanks.
( Ikebana Applique Origami Calligraphy Tapestry )
- Applique – Ornamental needlework
- Calligraphy – The art of producing decorative hand working.
- Ikebana – The art of Japanese flower arrangement.
- Origami – The Japanese art of folder paper into decorative shapes and forms.
- Tapestry – A form of Textile art.
B. Match the tools with art forms.
C. Listen to the teacher reading the passage. Read the questions given below, then listen to the passage again and complete the responses.
D. Work in pairs. Find answers to these questions and present it to the class.
1. Do you have art/craft session in your school?
Yes, we have a craft session at our school.
2. Which session do you like – art/craft?
I like the craft session.
3. What do you do in that session?
We learn embroidery, knitting, and lace-making in that session.
4. Do you work individually or in pairs?
We work in pairs and groups.
5. Can you do artwork or craftwork on your own?
Yes, I can do both artwork and craftwork.
6. What qualities do you gain by doing art or craft?
- We can develop fine motor skills.
- Art and craft improve Hand-Eye coordination.
- It boosts self-esteem and helps in socializing.
- It also promotes innovation and creativity in an individual.
E. Construct meaningful sentences from the table given below
- Silence should be maintained in libraries, hospitals, etc.
- Cars should not be parked in the ’No Parking’ area.
- Cleanliness should be practiced at homes as well as in public places.
- Cell phones should not be used in petrol bunks.
- Junk food should be avoided as it is bad for health.
- Sweets should be avoided as they cause cavities and toothache.
F. Read the news report given below and underline the passive form of verbs.
1. The police announced that the State Bank of India was robbed yesterday. Two men entered the bank at 4.30 pm with guns in their hands. Customers and bank clerks were asked to lie down on the floor, and one of the bank clerks was made to fill the robbers’ bags with money. After that, the two men left the bank quickly. The police officer said that more than one lakh of rupees was stolen from the bank but nobody was injured. He also added that the robbers would be found soon.
The police announced that the State Bank of India was robbed yesterday. Two men entered the bank at 4.30 pm with guns in their hands. Customers and bank clerks were asked to lie down on the floor, and one of the bank clerks was made to fill the robbers’ bags with money. After that, the two men left the bank quickly. The police officer said that more than one lakh of rupees was stolen from the bank but nobody was injured. He also added that the robbers would be found soon.
Work in pairs
G. Rani’s teacher narrates to her students about the production of paper. Read the following narration and fill in the blanks with the verbs using their passive form.
People of China produced paper from wood. They mixed water with the fibers of the wood and dried it until it became a soft wet pulp. They used this pulp to make paper. The Chinese invented this method of papermaking in the 2nd century BCE. Later Egyptians used papyrus plants to make paper.
- Paper (produce) from wood.
- The fibers of wood from trees (mix) with water to make a soft wet pulp.
- Later, it (dry) to make paper.
- This method (invent) in the 2nd BCE in China.
- Papyrus plants (use) by Egyptians to make paper.
- was produced
- was mixed
- was dried
- was invented!
- were used
H. Read the process of making soup. Use the suitable passive forms of verbs and complete the paragraph.
The packet is opened and the contents
- are mixed with 750 ml of water, without allowing it to form lumps. The mixture
- is poured into a heavy-bottomed vessel. It
- is boiled on low flame for five minutes. The soup
- is transferred into soup bowls and
- is garnished with fried corn.
I. If you are asked to choose from any one of these toys which one do you choose? Give reasons, (plastic toys, wooden toys, clay toys, metallic toys)
I would choose wooden toys because they are much more special than the latest educational technology. Wooden toys bring a certain amount of nostalgia to them. It is also a durable material for toys. The more contact, we have With plastic toys, the higher the chances of health issues like asthma. So wooden toys are better for safety and also good for the child’s brain. The quality and life span of wooden toys is much better than plastic toys and metallic toys.
J. Your friend presented a beautiful art piece on your birthday. Write a letter to her appreciating her artwork.
5th August 2019
I am extremely happy to write this letter to you, as I am very happy after receiving your present on my birthday. It is an excellent piece of art. The art piece called “Glow of Hope” is also referred to as the “Woman with the lamp”. It is a masterpiece from S.L. Haldankar, produced in 1945-1946. Watercolors are used deliberately. The effect of this painting is heightened by the shadow behind the subject. It is such a wonderful art by him. I thank you so much for this excellent art piece as a gift to me.
Your loving friend
K. You have prepared some eco-friendly craft materials like paper mache dolls, greeting cards, bookmarks, festoons, garlands, quilling jewelry, etc for an Art Mela to be conducted on your school premises. Describe in a few sentences how you made the craftwork. Include the following details in your writing.
- Name of the craftwork
- Materials used
- Nature (handy/eco-friendly, longlasting/affordable price)
- Use (place/person/time)
We have made eco-friendly craft materials like paper mache dolls, greeting cards, bookmarks, festoons, garlands, and quilling Jewellery for the Art Mela conducted on your school premises. The paper mache dolls were Russian Nesting Dolls. Paper–mache is a composite material consisting of paper pieces or pulp, reinforced with textiles and bound with glue. The beautiful handmade Birthday cards were excellent. They were made with cardboard, glue, colored pencils, glitter paper, and some paper flowers. Festoons, garlands made out of crepe paper, and quilling jewelry made out of quilled paper and flowers were excellent exhibits in the Mela. They were also sold to the students at affordable prices. They were safe to be used by everyone, as they are handy and eco-friendly.
Other Important links for 7th English Book Back Solutions:
For Samacheer Kalvi 7th Books PDF, Check the link – Samacheer Kalvi 7th Books PDF
Tamil Nadu Class 7th Standard Book Back Guide PDF, Click the link –7th Book Back Questions & Answers PDF