Samacheer Kalvi 6th Science Term 1 Unit 2 Book Back Question and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers uploaded online and available PDF for free download. Class 6th New Syllabus Science Term 1 book back question & answer solutions guide available below for English Medium. Class sixth Std Science English Medium Term 1 Unit 2 Forces and Motion book back answers given below. Students looking for class 6th Term I Unit 2 Questions and Answers can check below.
We also provide class 6th other units Book Back One and Two Mark Solutions Guide on our site. Students looking for a new syllabus 6th standard Science Term 1 Unit 2 Forces and Motion Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
For all three-term of 6th standard Science Book Back Answers English Medium – Samacheer kalvi 6th Science Book Back Answers
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Science Book Back Chapter 2 Term 1 Solution Guide PDF:
TN State Board Class 6th Science Subject Term 1 Unit 2 one mark and two mark solutions guide PDF available below.
6th Science – Term 1
Unit 2: Forces and Motion
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. Unit of speed is
Answer: (d) m/s
2. Oscillatory motion among the following is
a. Rotation of the earth about its axis
b. Revolution of the moon about the earth
c. To and fro movement of a vibrating string
d. All of these.
Answer: c. To and fro movement of a vibrating string
3. The correct relation among the following is
(a) Speed = distance × time
(b) speed = distance / time
(c) Speed = time / distance
(d) speed = 1/ (distance × time)
Answer: (b) speed = distance / time
4. Gita rides with her father’s bike to her uncle’s house which is 40 km away from her home. She takes 40 minutes to reach there.
Statement 1 : She travels with a speed of 1 km/minute
Statement 2: She travels with a speed of 1 km/hour
a. Statement 1 alone is correct.
b. Statement 2 alone is correct
c. Both statement 1 and 2 are correct.
d. Neither statement 1 nor statement 2 is correct.
Answer: a. Statement 1 alone is correct.
II. Find whether the following statements are true or false. – if false give the correct answer:
1. To and fro motion is called oscillatory motion.
2. Vibratory motion and rotatory motion are periodic motions.
Vibratory motion and oscillatory motion are periodic motions.
3. Vehicles moving with varying speeds are said to be in uniform motion.
Vehicles moving with varying speeds are said to be in non-uniform motion.
Vehicles moving with uniform speeds are said to be in uniform motion.
4. Robots will replace humans in the future.
Answer: False. Robots will not replace humans in the future.
III. Fill in the blanks:
- A bike moving on a straight road is an example of _______ motion.
- Gravitational force is a _______ force.
- The motion of a potter’s wheel is an example of _______ motion.
- When an object covers equal distances in equal intervals of time, it is said to be in _______ motion.
- Non-Contact Force
IV. Match the following:
1. kicking a ball: contact force :: falling of leaf: ________?
Answer: Noncontact force.
2. Distance : metre :: speed : _______ ?
3. circulatory motion :: a spinning top :: oscillatory motion : _______ ?
Answer: Swinging of a pendulum.
VI. Given below Is the distance traveled by an elephant across a forest with uniform speed. Complete the data of the table given below with the idea of uniform speed.
(i) Distance/Time = 42 × 4 = 1622 = 8
(ii) Distance / Time = 42 × 8 = 322 = 16
(iii) Time/Distance = 1∅2∅ × 12 = 122 = 6
VII. Complete the web chart.
VIII. Give one word for the following statements.
1. The force acts on an object without physical contact with it.
Answer: non-contact forces.
2. A change in the position of an object with time.
3. The motion repeats itself after a fixed interval of time.
Answer: Oscillatory motion.
4. The motion of an object travels equal distances in equal intervals of time.
Answer: Uniform motion.
5. A machine capable of carrying out a complex series of actions automatically.
Answer: Artificial intelligence.
IX. Answer the following in a sentence or two.
1. Define force.
Answer: Force is a push or pulls by an animate or inanimate agency.
2. Name different types of motion based on the path.
- Linear motion;
- Circular motion;
- Rotatory motion;
- Oscillatory motion
- Irregular motion.
3. If you are sitting in a moving car, will you be at rest or motion with respect to your friend sitting next to you?
I will be at rest with respect to my friend sitting with me in a moving car.
4. The rotation of the earth is a periodic motion. Justify
The rotation of the earth is a periodic motion because it takes an equal interval of time for all rotations.
5. Differentiate between rotational and curvilinear motion.
The movement of a body about its own axis
Ex: Rotating tape
Movement of a body along a curved path
Ex. Throwing a ball.
Other Important links for Class 6th Book Back Answers:
Tamil Nadu Class 6th Standard Book Back Guide PDF, Click the link – 6th Book Back Questions & Answers PDF
For all three-term of 6th standard Science Book Back Answers English Medium – Samacheer kalvi 6th Science Book Back Answers English Medium