NEET Entrance Exam Date 2024 by NTA on May 5th, 2024 @ https://nta.ac.in/:
NEET, or the National Eligibility cum Entrance Test, is the most important medical entrance exam in India. It is conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for admission to undergraduate medical courses like MBBS, BDS, AYUSH, Veterinary, and more. NEET is also the gateway to the top medical institutes in the country, including AIIMS and JIPMER.
If you are a medical aspirant who wants to appear for NEET 2024, you must be aware of the exam date, eligibility criteria, syllabus, application process, and other relevant details. In this article, we will provide you with all the information you need to know about NEET 2024.
NEET 2024 Exam Date:
The NTA has announced that the NEET 2024 exam will be held on May 5, 2024, in pen and paper mode. The exam will be conducted from 2:00 PM to 5:20 PM across various exam centers in India. The exam will be available in 11 languages, including Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and other Indian languages.
NEET 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for NEET 2024, you must fulfill the following criteria:
- You must have passed or appeared for Class 12 or equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology, and English as core subjects from a recognized board.
- You must have obtained at least 50% marks (40% for SC/ST/OBC and 45% for PwD) in aggregate of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology/Biotechnology in Class 12 or equivalent examination.
- You must be at least 17 years old as of December 31, 2024. The upper age limit is 25 years (30 years for SC/ST/OBC and PwD) as of May 5, 2024.
- There are no restrictions on the number of attempts you can take in NEET.
NEET 2024 Syllabus:
The NEET 2024 syllabus will be the same as last year’s, covering Physics, Chemistry, and Biology based on Classes 11 and 12 syllabi. The syllabus is based on the recommendations of the Medical Council of India (MCI) and the National Council of Educational Research and Training (NCERT). You can download the detailed NEET syllabus to score better – NEET Syllabus 2023.
NEET 2024 Application Process:
The NEET 2024 application form will be available on the official website (neet.nta.nic.in) from March 2024. You will need to register online with your personal details, academic details, and preferred exam center. You will also need to upload scanned copies of your recent passport-sized photograph, signature, and other required documents in the prescribed format. You will have to pay an application fee of Rs.1500 (Rs.1400 for General-EWS/OBC-NCL and Rs.800 for SC/ST/PwD/Transgender) through online mode using credit/debit card, net banking, UPI, or Paytm.
You can make corrections in your application form during a specified period before the exam date. You can also check your application status and download your confirmation page from the website.
NEET 2024 Admit Card
The NTA will issue the NEET 2024 admit card to the registered candidates in April 2024. You can download your admit card from the official website using your application number and date of birth. The admit card will contain your name, roll number, exam date, time, center, and other instructions. You must carry a printed copy of your admit card along with a valid ID proof and passport-sized photograph to the exam center12.
NEET 2024 Exam Pattern
The NEET 2024 exam pattern will be as follows:
- The exam will consist of one paper with 180 multiple-choice questions.
- The questions will be divided into four sections: Physics (45 questions), Chemistry (45 questions), Biology (90 questions), and Ethics, Integrity, and Aptitude in Medical Practice (10 questions).
- The duration of the exam will be three hours (180 minutes).
- The marking scheme will be +4 for each correct answer and -1 for each incorrect answer.
- The total marks will be 720.
- The medium of the exam will be English or any other language chosen by the candidate.
- NEET 2024 Result
The NTA will declare the NEET 2024 result in June 2024. You can check your result from the official website using your roll number and date of birth. The result will display your marks, percentile, rank, category rank, and qualifying status. You will also be able to download your scorecard and rank letter from the website.
NEET 2024 Cut Off
The NEET 2024 cut-off is the minimum mark required to qualify for the exam and participate in the counseling process. The cut-off will be determined by the NTA based on various factors such as the number of candidates, the difficulty level of the exam, and the availability of seats. The cut-off will be different for different categories and states. The expected NEET 2024 cut-off is as follows:
- General: 50th percentile (701-134 marks)
- General-EWS: 40th percentile (133-107 marks)
- OBC-NCL/SC/ST: 40th percentile (133-107 marks)
- PwD: 45th percentile (133-120 marks)
NEET 2024 Counseling
The NEET 2024 counseling will be conducted by the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counseling Committee (MCC) for admission to 15% All India Quota (AIQ) seats, central and deemed universities, AIIMS, JIPMER, and AFMC. The counseling will be done online in three rounds, followed by a mop-up round. You will have to register online, fill in your choices of colleges and courses, lock your choices, and pay a counseling fee. The seat allotment will be done based on your rank, preferences, and availability of seats. You will have to report to the allotted college with your documents and fees to confirm your admission12.
The state counseling will be conducted by the respective state authorities for admission to 85% of state quota seats and private colleges. The state counseling will follow a similar procedure as the AIQ counseling. You will have to apply online through the state website, fill in your choices, and participate in the seat allotment process. You will have to report to the allotted college with your documents and fees to confirm your admission12.
NEET 2024 Preparation Tips
To prepare well for NEET 2024, you should follow these tips:
- Know the syllabus and exam pattern thoroughly and plan your study schedule accordingly.
- A study from the NCERT books and other recommended books for NEET.
- Solve previous year question papers and mock tests regularly to improve your speed, accuracy, and confidence.
- Revise the important topics and formulas frequently and make notes for quick revision.
- Clear your doubts from your teachers or mentors and join a coaching institute or online platform if needed.
- Stay updated with the latest news and notifications related to NEET 2024.
- Take care of your health and mental well-being and avoid stress.
Here are the important Tips to clear NEET Exam 2023, check the link – Tips to clear NEET Exam 2023