TNPSC Group IV Syllabus and Exam Pattern:
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission (TNPSC) is responsible for conducting various service examinations (Group 1, 2, 2A, 4, and many others) for various departments. Every year TNPSC has released the Annual Planner/ Time Table for various service examinations, Group 4 Exam has been conducted according to the plan. TNPSC has released a revised new syllabus book for Group 4 examination 2022 in English and Tamil Medium.
Students looking for the TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus can check in official site https://www.tnpsc.gov.in/ or the Group IV Syllabus PDF link given below:
TNPSC Group 4 Exam getting tougher and the number of candidates applying for group 4 getting increased every year. TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus is of two parts: Part A – Tamil Eligibility Test and Part B – General Studies. The first step before starting to prepare for the group 4 exam is to go through the complete syllabus & Exam Pattern. Easy way to clear TNPSC group 4 by following a study plan according to Group 4 Syllabus, Exam Pattern, and previous year’s question papers.
We provide TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus 2022, Model question paper, Previous year’s question paper, Study materials, do’s & don’ts, and other important information regarding group 4 2022.
For Group 4 Syllabus 2022 Tamil & English PDF for Download – TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus PDF
For TNPSC Group 4 Model Question Papers 2022 Download – TNPSC Group 4 Model Question Papers with Answers 2022
TNPSC Group 4 Exam Pattern (Objective Type) (SSLC Standard):
CCSE Group IV Examination 2022 exam pattern is given below in the table. Group 4 exam is of two-part: Part A – Tamil Eligibility & Part B – General Studies. TNPSC Group 4 is an objective type test with a duration of 3 hours and a total of 300 marks, candidates have to score a minimum qualification mark in Part A
Tamil Eligibility-cum-Scoring Test* (SSLC Standard)
(100 ques./ 150marks)
Part – B
General Studies (Degree Standard) (75 questions)
Aptitude and Mental Ability Test (S.S.L.C. Std.) (25 questions)
TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus:
Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission Group 4 and VAO Exam syllabus consist of two parts: 1. General Studies and 2. Pothu Tamil. Candidates who passed 10th/ SSLC are eligible for applying to Group 4 Examination 2022. Detailed syllabus topics, study plan, model question paper, Study materials, and areas to concentrate on for the upcoming group 4 exam.
The primary source or basic study material for the TNPSC Group 4 exam is Samacheer Kalvi Books. You can download Samacheer Kalvi Book in PDF and use it for examination, Check the link – Samacheer Kalvi Books
TNPSC Group 4 Pothu Tamil Syllabus:
பாடத்திட்டம் – பொதுத்தமிழ் (கொள்குறிவகைத் தேர்வு) (பத்தாம் வகுப்புத் தரம்)
பகுதி – அ: இலக்கணம்
பகுதி-இ: தமிழ் அறிஞர்களும், தமிழ்த் தொண்டும்
Check the complete syllabus for CCSE IV Pothu Tamil, Check the link – TNPSC Group 4 Pothu Tamil Syllabus 2022
TNPSC Group 4 General Studies Syllabus (SSLC Standard):
1. General Science:
- Nature of Universe – Measurement of Physical Quantities – General Scientific Laws in Motion – Force, Pressure, and Energy – Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity, Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, and Nuclear Physics in our daily life.
- Elements and Compounds, Acids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides, Metallurgy, and Food Adulterants.
- Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of living organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, and Human diseases.
- Environmental Science.
2. Current Events:
- Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of states – Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports – Books and Authors.
- Welfare Scheme of Government – Political parties and Political system in Tamil Nadu and India.
- Latest inventions in Science and Technology – Geographical Land Marks – Current Socio-Economic issues.
- Earth Location – Physical Features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate – Water resources – Rivers – Soil, Minerals, and Natural resources – Forest and Wildlife – Agriculture pattern.
- Transport – Communication.
- Population density and distribution in Tamil Nadu and India.
- Calamities – Disaster Management – Environment – Climate change.
4. History and Culture of India:
- Indus Valley Civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – South Indian History.
- Characteristics of Indian Culture, Unity in Diversity – Race, Language, Custom.
- India as a Secular State.
5. Indian Polity:
- Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State, and Union Territory.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, Union Legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local Governments, Panchayat Raj.
- Spirit of Federalism: center-state Relationships.
- Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of Law.
- Corruption in public life – Anti-Corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of Women – Consumer Protection Forums – Human Rights Charter.
6. Indian Economy:
- Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- Economic Trends – Employment Generation, Land Reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in Agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural Welfare oriented programs – Social Problems – Population, Education, Health, Employment, Poverty.
7. Indian National Movement:
- National Renaissance – Early uprising against British Rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of Leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Thanthai Periyar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Rabindranath Tagore, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Rajaji, Subhash Chandra Bose, Muthulaksmi Ammaiyar, Muvalur Ramamirtham, and other National Leaders.
- Different modes of Agitation of Tamil Nadu and movements.
8. History, Culture, Heritage, and Socio-Political Movements of Tamil Nadu:
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological Discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
a) Significance as a Secular Literature.
b) Relevance to Everyday Life.
c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity.
d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc.
e) Relevance to Socio – Politico-Economic affairs.
f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural.
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role of women in the freedom struggle.
- Various Social reformers, Social reform movements, and Social Transformation of Tamil Nadu.
9. Development Administration in Tamil Nadu:
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socioeconomic Development.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
10. Aptitude & Mental Ability Tests:
- Simplification – Percentage – Highest Common Factor (HCF) – Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple Interest – Compound Interest – Area – Volume – Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles – Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alpha Numeric Reasoning – Number Series. (for TNPSC Group 4 aptitude & mental ability study material MCQ with solutions check the link – TNPSC Group 4 Aptitude & Mental Ability Question Answers )
- For complete CCSE 4 study material in PDF visit your website or click the link here – TNPSC Group 4 Study Materials
- Also, Check Group 4 Previous year question papers, Click the link – TNPSC Group 4 Question Papers
4 thoughts on “TNPSC Group 4 Syllabus”
We want previous tnpsc group 4 question paper because first time going to write exam so
என் பெயர் தெபோராள் நான் பண்ணிரண்டாம் வகுப்பு படித்துள்ளேன், நான் TNPSC GROUP EXAM எவ்வளவு வயது வரை எழுதலாம்
எனக்கு 6ஆம் வகுப்பு முதல் 12ஆம் வகுப்பு வரை உள்ள புத்தகம் 1word( questions and answers) போல PDF format கிடைக்குமா,