TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 PDF:
Group 2 Examination is conducted by Tamil Nadu Public Service Commission. Every year a lot of students eagerly wait for Group 2 official notification. TN Public Service Commission has Revised/ Changed the Syllabus for Group 2 Prelims Examination 2022. It’s not easy to clear the exam without knowing the TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus and Exam Pattern 2022 in Tamil and English Medium. First and foremost is to understand the Syllabus before starting preparing. Go through all the topics given in the Syllabus for Group 2. Note the important topics and make a clear study plan, try to prepare an exam based on the study plan prepared. Here is the TNPSC Group 2 New Syllabus PDF download for the upcoming exam follows.
TNPSC Exam is familiar with the UPSC Examination conducted by the Tamil State government. The TN Group 2 Syllabus 2022, Study Materials, Age limit, Eligibility, Notification, and other qualification details are provided on this page.
TNPSC Group 2 Exam 2022 is based on a three-tier of selection. 1. Prelims 2. Mains Examination and 3. Interview. A preliminary examination is an objective type of question total of 200 questions. General English/ Tamil 100 questions General Studies 75 questions and Mental Ability 25 questions total of 300 marks. Check English and Tamil Medium gr 2 syllabi 2022 below.
TNPSC Group 2 Notification released, to see check the link – TNPSC Group 2/ 2A Recruitment 2022
Click to download TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus 2022 PDF format, Check the Link – TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus PDF
Overview of the TNPSC Group 2 Examination :
|Name of the Exam||TNPSC Group 2 Exam (Combined Civil Services Examination 2)|
|TNPSC Group 2 Selection Procedure||
|Duration for TNPSC Prelims||3 Hours|
|Duration for TNPSC Mains||
|Age Limit||Min. 21 years and Max. 30 years (age relaxation for BC, MBC, SC, ST)|
|Medium of Exam||English and Tamil Medium|
|Mode of Exam||Offline|
|Mode of Interview||Offline|
TNPSC Group 2 Preliminary Exam Pattern(Objective Type) (Degree Standard):
TNPSC Preliminary Group 2 Examination General Tamil 2022:
பகுதி – அ: இலக்கணம்
பகுதி-இ: தமிழ் அறிஞர்களும், தமிழ்த் தொண்டும்
For complete TNPSC Group 2 Tamil Syllabus check the link – TNPSC Group 2 Syllabus in Tamil
TNPSC Preliminary Group 2 Examination General English 2022:
Part-C: Literary Works
For Complete Group 2 General English Syllabus check the link – TNPSC Group 2 General English Syllabus.
TNPSC Group 2 Prelims Revised Syllabus General Studies:
Unit-I: General Science
- Scientific Knowledge and Scientific temper
- Power of Reasoning
- Rote Learning Vs Conceptual Learning
- Science as a tool to understand the past, present, and future.
- Nature of Universe
- General Scientific Laws
- Properties of Matter, Force, Motion, and Energy
- Everyday application of the basic principles of Mechanics, Electricity and Magnetism, Light, Sound, Heat, Nuclear Physics, Laser, Electronics and Communications.
- Elements and CompoundsAcids, Bases, Salts, Petroleum Products, Fertilizers, Pesticides.
- Main concepts of Life Science, Classification of Living Organisms, Evolution, Genetics, Physiology, Nutrition, Health, Hygiene, Human Diseases.
- Environment and Ecology.
Unit-II: Current Events
- History – Latest diary of events – National symbols – Profile of States – Eminent personalities and places in the news – Sports – Books and authors.
- Polity – Political parties and political system in India – Public awareness and General administration – Welfare-oriented Government schemes and their utility, Problems in Public Delivery Systems.
- Geography – Geographical landmarks.
- Economics – Current socio-economic issues.
- Science – The latest inventions in Science and Technology.
Unit- III: Geography Of India
- Location – Physical features – Monsoon, rainfall, weather, and climate – Water resources – Rivers in India – Soil, minerals, and natural resources – Forest and wildlife – Agricultural pattern.
- Transport – Communication.
- Social geography – Population density and distribution – Racial, linguistic groups, and major tribes.
- Natural calamity – Disaster Management – Environmental pollution: Reasons and preventive measures – Climate change – Green energy.
Unit- IV: History And Culture Of India
- Indus Valley civilization – Guptas, Delhi Sultans, Mughals, and Marathas – Age of Vijayanagaram and Bahmani Kingdoms – South Indian History.
- Change and Continuity in the Socio-Cultural History of India.
- Characteristics of Indian culture, Unity in diversity – Race, language, Custom.
- India as a Secular State, Social Harmony.
Unit-V: Indian Polity
- Constitution of India – Preamble to the Constitution – Salient features of the Constitution – Union, State, and Union Territory.
- Citizenship, Fundamental Rights, Fundamental Duties, Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Union Executive, Union legislature – State Executive, State Legislature – Local governments, Panchayat
- Spirit of Federalism: center-state Relationship.
- Election – Judiciary in India – Rule of law.
- Corruption in public life – Anti-corruption measures – Lokpal and Lokayukta – Right to Information – Empowerment of women – Consumer protection forums, Human rights charter.
Unit-VI: Indian Economy
- Nature of Indian economy – Five-year plan models – an assessment – Planning Commission and Niti Ayog.
- Sources of revenue – Reserve Bank of India – Fiscal Policy and Monetary Policy – Finance Commission – Resource sharing between Union and State Governments – Goods and Services Tax.
- Structure of Indian Economy and Employment Generation, Land reforms and Agriculture – Application of Science and Technology in agriculture – Industrial growth – Rural welfare oriented programs – Social problems – Population, education, health, employment, Poverty.
Unit-VII: Indian National Movement
- National renaissance – Early uprising against British rule – Indian National Congress – Emergence of leaders – B.R.Ambedkar, Bhagat Singh, Bharathiar, V.O.Chidambaranar, Jawaharlal Nehru, Kamarajar, Mahatma Gandhi, Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, Thanthai Periyar, Rajaji, Subash Chandra Bose, and others.
- Different modes of Agitation: Growth of Satyagraha and Militant movements.
- Communalism and partition.
Unit- VIII: History, Culture, Heritage and Socio-Political Movements in Tamil Nadu
- History of Tamil Society, related Archaeological discoveries, Tamil Literature from Sangam age till contemporary times.
- Thirukkural : (a) Significance as Secular literature
(b) Relevance to Everyday Life
(c) Impact of Thirukkural on Humanity
(d) Thirukkural and Universal Values – Equality, Humanism, etc
(e) Relevance to Socio – Politico-Economic affairs
(f) Philosophical content in Thirukkural
- Role of Tamil Nadu in freedom struggle – Early agitations against British Rule – Role of women in freedom
- Evolution of 19th and 20th Century Socio-Political movements in Tamil Nadu – Justice Party, Growth of Rationalism – Self Respect Movement, Dravidian movement and Principles underlying both these movements, Contributions of Thanthai Periyar and Perarignar
Unit-IX: Development Administration in Tamil Nadu
- Human Development Indicators in Tamil Nadu and a comparative assessment across the Country – Impact of Social Reform movements in the Socio-Economic Development of Tamil Nadu.
- Political parties and Welfare schemes for various sections of people – Rationale behind Reservation Policy and access to Social Resources – Economic trends in Tamil Nadu – Role and impact of social welfare schemes in the Socio-economic development of Tamil Nadu.
- Social Justice and Social Harmony as the Cornerstones of Socio-Economic Development.
- Education and Health systems in Tamil Nadu.
- Geography of Tamil Nadu and its impact on Economic growth.
- Achievements of Tamil Nadu in various fields.
- e-governance in Tamil Nadu.
Unit-X: Aptitude and Mental Ability
- Highest Common Factor (HCF)
- Lowest Common Multiple (LCM).
- Ratio and Proportion.
- Simple interest & Compound interest
- Area – Volume
- Time and Work.
- Logical Reasoning – Puzzles – Dice – Visual Reasoning – Alphanumeric Reasoning – Number Series.
For the TNPSC Group 2 Main Examination Syllabus PDF, Check the link – Group 2 Main Syllabus.
Also, Check the Detailed Vacancy details for TNPSC Group 2 – List of TNPSC Group 2 Posts 2022
Primary Study Materials for Group 2 Prelims Exam:
State Board books are considered a primary source for all TNPSC Exams preparation. Study Samacheer Kalvi / State Board (11th, 12th Std) school textbooks compulsory for TNPSC Group 2 Prelims and Group 2A Exams. You can also download Samacheer Kalvi Books in PDF, check the link – Samacheer Books PDF.
i)Social Science Books – 6th to 10th Std
ii)Science Books – 6th to 10th Std, (Additional 11th,12th Botany and Zoology if you have time)
iii)Polity – 11th,12th Political Science
iv)Economy – 11th,12th Economics Books
v)Geography -11th,12th Geography Books
vi)Indian Culture – 12th Indian Culture Book
Practice Old Group 2 Question Papers:
- Practice more and more TNPSC previous year question papers, it will help you to manage timings for the Preliminary Exam.
- First, start practicing Degree standard question papers such as TNPSC Group 2 Previous year question papers and TNPSC Group 2 Model question papers available in PDF for free download.
- For complete TNSPC Group, 2 study materials PDF Free click the link here to download – TNPSC Group 2 Study Materials.
- For TNPSC Group 2 General English Study Materials Click Here – TNPSC Group 2 General English Study Materials 2022
TNPSC Group 2 Notification released, to see check the link – TNPSC Group 2/ 2A Recruitment 2022
TNPSC group 2 syllabus 2022, TNPSC Syllabus and Previous year question papers, TNPSC group 2 new syllabus books pdf, TNPSC group 2 syllabus 2022 pdf, TNSPC Group 2 Syllabus 2019 PDF, TNSPC Group 2 Syllabus in Tamil Medium PDF. TNSPC Group 2 Syllabus and Study Material.