Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science – History Unit 4 Book Back Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Standard New Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 9 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Class 9 Social History Book Unit 4 – Intellectual Awakening and Socio-Political Changes Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 9th Std Social Science History Book portion consists of 11 units, Geography Book portion consists of 8 units, Civics book portion consists of 6 units, and Economics book portion consists of 5 units, All Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions Answers PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Question and Answer is available in PDF. Class 9th Standard Social Book Back Answers PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics Answers below. See below for the 9th New Syllabus Book Back guide/Answers free PDF download:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions PDF:
9th Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes. Samacheer Kalvi 9th History Unit 4 Answers are given below:
History Book Back Answers
Unit 4 – Intellectual Awakening and Socio-Political Changes
I. Choose the correct answer
1. Identify the founder of a new sect who exemplified simplicity and self-denial.
2. The Magadha king influenced by the teachings of Mahavira
3. Northern India extended from the Kabul Valley in the north to the Godavari in the south witnessed the rise of Sixteen States.
4. Tri-Ratna are the three principles taught by
5. The account which throws light on Mauryan polity and society
(a) Marco Polo
6. (i) Under the Magadha king the mahamatriyas functioned as secretaries to the ministers.
(ii) Accounts of Megasthanes titled Indica is a useful record about Mauryan polity and society.
(iii) Nanda’s attempt to build an imperial structure was cut short by Ashoka who founded the Mauryan kingdom.
(iv) According to tradition, towards the end of his life Chandragupta become an ardent follower of Buddhism.
(a) (i) is correct (b) (ii) is correct
(c) (i) and (ii) is correct
(d) (iii) and (iv) is correct
(c) (i) and (ii) is correct
II. Fill in the blanks
- ________ is a collection of the sacred literature of different epochs, containing prayers, confessions, and myths.
- In the Gangetic plain________ agriculture required the use of bf bullocks.
- Jains believe that __________ came in a long line of Tirthankaras and he was the twenty-fourth and the last.
- The place where Buddha attained enlightenment has been built into the Mahabodhi temple that still exists in _______
- The rock edicts from the reliable source to know about the Mauryan empire in particular the Dharmic rule of ___________
- zend avesta
- iron plough
III. Find out the correct statement.
1. (a) The introduction of Bronze tools made easy the removal of dense forest cover from the banks of the Ganges.
(b) Ajivikas had a small presence in western India.
(c) The clusters where particular clansmen were dominant came to be known were Pre-Mauryan states.
(d) Of the kingdoms mentioned in the literature of the period Kashi, Kosala and Magadha are considered to be powerful.
(a) Wrong. The introduction of Iron tools made easy the removal of dense forest cover from the banks of the Ganges.
(b) Wrong. Ajivikas had a small presence in Southern India.
(c) Wrong. The clusters where particular clansmen were dominant came to know as Janapadas.
2. (a) Ajatashatru was the first important king of Magadha.
(b) Bimbisara succeeded in establishing a comprehensive structure of administration.
(c)The Mauryas were the first of non-Kshatriya dynasties to rule in northern India.
(d) Nanda’s attempt to build an imperial structure was cut short by Ashoka.
(a) Wrong. Bimbisara was the first important king of Magadha.
(c) Wrong. The Nandas were the first of Non-Kshatriya dynasties to rule in northern India.
(d) wrong. Nanda’s attempt to build an imperial structure was cut short by Chandra Gupta Maurya.
IV. Match the following
- Eight-fold path – (i) tallest Jaina statue
- Bahubali – (ii) a code of political morality
- The Spring and Autumn Annals – (iii) sacred literature of law and myths
- Zend Avesta – (iv) first Tirthankara
- Rishabha – (v) path to attain the purest state of mind
1 – v: 2 – i: 3 – ii: 4 – iii: 5 – iv
Other important links for Samacheer Kalvi 9th Book Back Answers:
Click Here for the 9th new social science book back Answers/Solutions – 9th Social Book Back Answers