Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science – Geography Unit 1 Book Back Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Standard New Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 9 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Class 9 Social Geography Book Unit 1 – Lithosphere – I Endogenetic Processes Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 9th Std Social Science History Book portion consists of 11 units, Geography Book portion consists of 8 units, Civics book portion consists of 6 units, and Economics book portion consists of 5 units, All Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions Answers PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Question and Answer is available in PDF. Class 9th Standard Social Book Back Answers PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics Answers below. See below for the 9th New Syllabus Book Back guide/Answers free PDF download:
Samacheer Kalvi 9th Social Science Book Back Solutions PDF:
9th Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes. Samacheer Kalvi 9th Geography Unit 1 Answers are given below.
Geography Book Back Answers
Unit 1 – Lithosphere – I Endogenetic Processes
I. Choose the best answer
1. ___________ is the rigid outer layer of the Earth.
(d) Inner core
Answer: (c) Crust
2. layer is made up of liquid iron __________
(a) Inner core
(b) Outer core
Answer: (b) Outer core
3. Magma is found in the ___________
(d) none of the above
Answer: (b) mantle
4. Diastrophism is connected to ___________
Answer: (d) fold/fault
5. The movement of tectonic plates is induced by ___________
Answer: (b) thermal
6. In the ancient period, Gondwanaland moved towards ___________
Answer: (a) north
7. Many million years ago, India was a part of the supercontinent.
Answer: (a) Gondwana
8. The movement of plates that creates stress and tension in the rocks causing them to stretch and cracks result in ___________
Answer: (b) fault
9. ___________ refers to a bowl-shaped depression found at the top of the volcano.
(d) Volcanic cone
Answer: (a) Crater
10. The point of origin of an Earthquake is called the ___________
(c) seismic wave
Answer: (b) focus
II. Match the following:
1. Endogenetic process – (i) Seismograph
2. Mantle – (ii) Subduction Zone
3. Convergent boundaries – (iii) Volcanic
4. Earthquake – (iv) the Pacific Ocean
5. Composite volcano – (v) SIMA
1. – iii
2. – v
3. – ii
4. – i
5. – iv
III. Consider the given statements:
1. (i) Mt. Fuji is a dormant volcano
(ii) Mt. Kilimanjaro is a dormant volcano
(iii) Mt. Tanzania is a dormant volcano
Which of the statement(s) is are true
(a) (i) is true
(b) (ii) is true
(c) (iii) is true
(d) (i), (ii), (iii) are true
Answer: (a) (i) is true
2. Statement: Magma gushes out when it finds vents.
Reason: Interior of the Earth contains compressed hot magma.
Which of the statement(s) is are true
(a) Statement & reason are true
(b) Statement is true, the reason is false
(c) Statement is false, the reason is true
(d) Statement & reason are false
Answer: (a) Statement & reason are true
3. Statement I: Mountain ranges are formed by the collision of tectonic plates
Statement II: The movement of tectonic plates is due to the thermal energy from the mantle
(a) Statement I is false II is true
(b) Statement I and II are false
(c) Statement I is true II is false
(d) Statement I and II are true
Answer: (d) Statement I and II are true
IV. Answer in brief:
1. Write a brief note on the various spheres of the Earth.
The various spheres of the earth are given below:
1. The lithosphere is the solid outer part of the Earth.
2. The atmosphere is a thin layer of gases that surrounds the Earth.
3. The hydrosphere is the watery part of the earth’s surface including oceans, rivers, lakes and water vapour.
4. The biosphere is the layer of earth where life exists.
2. Mention the layers of the interior of the Earth.
The structure of the earth’s interior is divided into three layers namely the crust, the mantle, the core.
1. Crust is the outer layer of the earth, where we live. The major elements of crust are silica (Si) and aluminium (Al). Hence it is named as SIAL.
2. Mantle is the intereior part beneath the crust. The major elements of the mantle are silica (Si) and magnesium (Mg). Hence it is called SIMA.
3. The core is the innermost and hottest layer of the earth. It is composed mainly of nickel (Ni) and iron (Fe). Hence it is called NIFE.
3. Define Plate tectonics.
1. The lithosphere is divided into a number of huge slabs of rocks called ‘Tectonic Plates’.
2. These tectonic plates are divided into major and microplates.
3. These plates float independently over the mantle.
What are seismic waves and mention their types?
4. Collisions of these plates produce mountain ranges and other irregular surface features, both on land and the ocean floor.
5. This phenomenon is called plate tectonics.
4. What is a Tsunami?
1. The tectonic plates float independently.
2. Collisions of the tectonic plates produce mountain ranges and other irregular surface features both on land and the ocean floor. This phenomenon is called ‘Plate tectonics.
5. What is a Volcano? Mention its major components.
1. A volcano is a vent or an opening on the surface of the Earth’s crust through which hot solid, liquid, and gaseous materials (magma) erupt out.
2. It erupts from the earth’s interior to the surface.
3. Its major components are Magma Chamber, Vents, and Volcanic cone.
6. What is an Earthquake and how it occur?
• The word Tsunami is a Japanese term meaning harbour waves.
• It is adopted to describe large seismically generated sea waves caused by Earthquakes Submarine explosions and landslides.
7. What are seismic waves and mention its type?
1. Earthquakes generate the seismic wave
2. These vibrations spread out
3. Accordingly, there are three major types of waves
4. They are
- Primary or P-Waves
- Secondary or S-Waves
- Surface waves or L-Waves.
8. Write about the Pacific Ring of fire.
Earthquakes are generally caused by the sudden vibrations in the Earth’s crust which spread outward in all directions as waves from the source of the disturbance.
Other important links for Samacheer Kalvi 9th Book Back Answers:
Click Here for the 9th new social science book back Answers/Solutions – 9th Social Book Back Answers in English