Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Geography Unit 4 Book Back Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Standard New Social Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers PDF uploaded and available below. Class 8 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Question & Answer available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Class 8 Social Geography Book Unit 4 – Migration and Urbanisation Answers/Solutions are provided on this page. 8th Std Social Science History Book portion consists of 8 units, Geography Book portion consists of 8 units, Civics book portion consists of 7 units, and Economics book portion consists of 2 units, All Social Book Back One, and Two Mark Solutions are given below.
Check Unit wise and Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions Answers PDF format for Free Download. English, Tamil, Maths, Science, and Social Science Book Back Question and Answer is available in PDF. Class 8th Standard Social Book Back Answers PDF. Check Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics Answers below. See below for the 8th New Syllabus Book Back guide/Answers free PDF download:
Samacheer Kalvi 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions PDF:
8th Social Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions PDF available below. Click the Download option to download the book back 1 Mark & 2 Mark questions and answers. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes. Samacheer Kalvi 8th Geography Unit 4 Answers are given below.
Geography Book Back Answers
Unit 4 – Migration and Urbanisation
I. Choose the correct answer:
1. People move from …………… to …………… mainly in search of better jobs.
(a) Rural to Urban
(b) Urban to Rural
(c) Hills to plains
(d) Plains to hills
Answer: (a) Rural to Urban
2. A person moves from his own country to another country is known as ……………
(d) Asylum seeker
Answer: (c) Emigrant
3. The migration in search of fertile agricultural land is …………… migration.
(a) Rural to Rural
(b) Rural to Urban
(c) Urban to Rural
(d) Urban to Urban
Answer: (a) Rural to Rural
4. War is one of the …………… causes of human migration.
(b) Socio – Cultural
Answer: (c) Political
5. The main reason for the development of urbanization in pre – historic period was ……………
(a) Production of food grains
(b) Domestication of cattle
Answer: (b) Domestication of cattle
II. Fill in the Blanks:
- Urbanization is determined by …………… number of factors.
- …………… is the major push factor operating in rural areas.
- …………… Metropolitan city in India has the second highest urban population in the world.
- The movement of a person based on his free will and desire to live in a better place is …………… migration.
- In modem time urban growth was accelerated by the development of ……………
- Towns and cities
III. Match the following:
- Emigration – In migration
- Immigration – Out migration
- Pull factor – Employment
- Push factor – Socio – Cultural migration
- Marriage – Employment opportunity
- Emigration – Out migration
- Immigration – In migration
- Pull factor – Socio – Cultural migration
- Push factor – Employment opportunity
- Marriage – Employment
IV. State whether the following statements are True or False:
- Slums are generally found in cities.
- Mass migration is absent in the modem period.
- The process of Urbanisation has a short history.
- Cities and towns are the major polluters of environment.
- Transhumance is also referred as seasonal migration.
V. Consider the given statements and choose the correct option the given ones:
Statement (A) – Urbanisation is mainly due to the movement of people from rural to cities.
Reason (R) – Rural to Urban migration is not a predominant one.
(a) A is correct but R is incorrect
(b) Both A and R are incorrect
(c) Both A and R are correct
(d) A is incorrect and R is correct
(a) A is correct but R is incorrect
VI. Answer the following questions in brief:
1. Define “Migration”.
The term migration refers to the movement of people from one place to another.
2. What are the causes of rural to urban migration?
- Ecological or Natural causes of migration
- Economic causes of migration
- Socio-cultural causes of migration
- Demographic causes of migration
- Political causes of migration
3. State the causes of ecological or natural migration.
Housing and Slums:
There is a lack of space for housing and a marked reduction in the quality of housing in the urban areas due to the increase in population. This problem may increase in the years to come. The rapid rate of urbanisation results in the development of slums.
4. Name any two pull factors of migration.
- Availability of better job opportunities.
- Fertile land
5. What is Urbanization?
Urbanisation refers to the process in which there is an increase in the proportion of the population living in towns and cities.
6. List out any four most populous cities in the world.
- Tokyo (Japan)
- Delhi (India)
- Shanghai (China)
- Mexico City (Mexico)
Other Important Links for 8th Social Science Book Back Answers:
Click Here to download Samacheer Kalvi’s 8th Social Science Book Back Answers – 8th Social Science Book Back Solutions