Samacheer Kalvi 6th Science Term 2 Unit 5 Book Back Questions and Answers:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers uploaded online and available PDF for free download. Class 6th New Syllabus Science Term 2 book back question & answer solutions guide available below for English Medium. Class sixth Std Science English Medium Term 2 Unit 5 The Cell book back answers are given below. Students looking for class 6th Term II Unit 5 Biology Questions and Answers can check below.
We also provide class 6th other units Book Back One and Two Mark Solutions Guide on our site. Students looking for a new syllabus 6th standard Science Term 2 Unit 5 The Cell Biology Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
For all three-term of 6th standard Science Book Back Answers English Medium – Samacheer kalvi 6th Science Book Back Answers
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Science Book Back Chapter 5 Term 2 Solution Guide PDF:
TN State Board Class 6th Science Subject Term 2 Unit 5 one mark and two mark solutions guide PDF available below.
6th Science – Term 2
Unit 5 The cell
I. Choose the appropriate answer:
1. The unit of measurement used for expressing the dimension (size) of the cell is
Answer: (c) micrometer
2. Under the microscope Priya observes a cell that has a cell wall and distinct nucleus. The cell that she observed is
(a) a plant cell
(b) an animal cell
(c) a nerve cell
(d) a bacteria cell
Answer: (a) a plant cell
3. A control centre’ of the eukaryotic cell is
(a) Cell wall
Answer: (b) Nucleus
4. Which one of the following is not a unicellular organism?
Answer: (c) Spirogyra
5. Most organelles in a eukaryotic cell are found in the
(a) Cell wall
Answer: (b) cytoplasm
II. Fill in the Blanks:
- The instrument used to observe the cell is _______
- I control the food production of a cell. Who am I? _______
- I am like a policeman. Who am I _______ ?
- The Term “ cell” was coined by _______
- The egg of an Ostrich is the _______ single cell.
- cell wall
- Robert Hooke
III. True or False. If False, give the correct answer:
1. A cell is the smallest unit of life.
2. Nerve cell is the longest cell.
3. Prokaryotes were the first form of life on earth.
4. The organelles of both plants and animals are made up of cells.
5. New cells are produced from existing cells.
IV. Match the following:
|1. Control center||Cell membrane|
|2. Food producer (Plant cell)||Mitochondria|
|3. Gate of the nucleus||Nucleus|
|4. Gate of the cell||Chloroplasts|
|5. Energy producer||Nuclear membrane|
|1. Control center||Nucleus|
|2. Food producer (Plant cell)||Chloroplasts|
|3. Gate of the nucleus||Nuclear membrane|
|4. Gate of the cell||Cell membrane|
|5. Energy producer||Mitochondria|
V. Arrange in a correct sequence:
1. Elephant, Cow, Bacteria, Mango, Rose plant.
Bacteria, Rose plant, Mango, Cow, Elephant.
2. Hen egg, Ostrich egg, Insect egg.
Insect egg, Hen egg, Ostrich egg.
1. Prokaryote : Bacteria :: Eukaryote : _______
Answer: Plant or animal cell.
2. Spirogyra : Plant cell:: Amoeba :
Answer: animal cell.
3. Food producer : Chloroplasts :: Power house _______
VII. Give a very short answer:
1. Who discovered the cell in 1665?
The English scientist Robert Hooke discovered the cell in 1665 from cork slices kept under a microscope.
2. What type of cells do we have?
We have Eukaryotic cells.
3. What are the essential components of a cell?
The cell wall, cell membrane, cytoplasm, mitochondria, Chloroplasts, Vacuoles, Nucleus, and Nucleus membrane are essential components of a cell
4. What are the organelles found only in plant cell?
Chloroplasts and cell walls are the organelles found only in plant cell.
5. Give any three examples of the eukaryotic cell?
Plant cell, animal cell, fungi, and algae cell.
6. Which one is called as “Area of movement”?
The cytoplasm is called as “Area of movement”.
7. Shiva said, “ Bigger onion has larger cells when compared to the cells of the smaller onion”! Do you agree with his statement or not? Explain Why?
No, I don’t agree with the statement. Cell size has no relation to the size of an organism.
Other Important links for Class 6th Book Back Answers:
Tamil Nadu Class 6th Standard Book Back Guide PDF, Click the link – 6th Book Back Questions & Answers PDF
For all three-term of 6th standard Science Book Back Answers English Medium – Samacheer kalvi 6th Science Book Back Answers English Medium