6th English Book Back Questions & Answers Unit 1: Sea Turtles
Samacheer Kalvi 6th Standard English Book Back Questions with Answers PDF uploaded and the same is given below. Class sixth candidates and those preparing for TNPSC exams can check the Book Back Grammer Answers PDF below. The Samacheer Kalvi Class 6th Std English Book Back Answers Term 1 Unit 1 – Sea Turtles Book Back Solutions Guide is given below. Check the complete Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Term 1 Unit 1 Answers below:
We also provide class 6th other units Book Back One and Two Mark Solutions Guide on our site. Students looking for a new syllabus 6th standard English Term 1 Unit 1 Prose Book Back Questions with Answer PDF:
For all three term units of 6th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Back Answers
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back for Unit 1 Sea Turtles general and grammar part Question and Answers below:
Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Unit 1 – Sea Turtles Book Back Answers:
The Samacheer Kalvi 6th English Book Back Term 1 Unit 1 Prose Answers are given below,
6th English Book Back Answer
Term 1 – Prose
Unit – 1 Sea Turtles
1. Have you seen turtles? Where do they live?
Yes, I have seen turtles. They live in the sea.
2. What do you know about turtles?
I know that turtles live long.
3. Why do you think the turtles in the picture have names such as Leatherback and Hawksbill?
There are reasons why they are called such names. The turtle called leatherback has its back like leather. It has a strong and rough back. The turtle called hawksbill has a long neck like the peak of a hill or mountain.
Put (✓) for the correct and a (×) for the incorrect statements.
- Turtles are different from tortoises. (✓)
- Turtles are sea animals. (✓)
- There are seven kinds of sea turtles in the world. (✓)
- Sea turtles are very small. (×)
- Turtles come ashore to lay eggs. (✓)
- Sea turtles come to rest on land. (×)
- Olive Ridleys are the only sea turtles seen on Indian shores. (✓)
Are these statements right? Discuss with your partner and (✓) them if they are correct. Correct them if they are wrong. Share your answers in class.
- Female Olive Ridleys come ashore at night to lay eggs. (✓)
- The eggs of an Olive Ridley are in the shape and size of a cricket ball. (×)
- Ridleys come to lay their eggs in the month of January. (✓)
- The turtles use their flippers and make a hollow for their nests. (✓)
- The hatchlings use a tiny egg tooth to come out of the eggs. (✓)
Read and Understand
A. Choose the correct answers. You may choose more than one answer If needed.
1. The _______ is a biological relative of tortoises.
(a) sea turtle
2. In India’s coastal waters we can see a species of _______
(b) sea turtles
3. Sea turtles come to the shore to
(a) visit their birthplace
(b) lay eggs
(c) go back to sea
4. It is a problem for sea turtles to come ashore because _______
(a) they find it difficult to walk on the sand
(b) they don’t know their way to the shore
(c) animals and people hunt them
5. A turtle’s flippers help it to _______
(b) dig a nest
6. A sea turtle camouflages its nest by tossing sand on it to _______
(a) hide its eggs from predators
(b) incubate eggs in the warmth of the sun
(c) keep the hatchlings safe
B. Find any five words related to sea from the text (Sections I & II). Write them below. Then use the words to frame sentences of your own.
eg: beach – We like to play On the sandy beach.
Swimming – I like swimming
Motorboat – We went on a motorboat
Crabs – People eat crabs as seafood
Sand – Children play on the sand
Cavity – There are cavities on the beach
C. Fill in the blanks with words that convey the correct meaning of the sentences.
- Tiny hatchlings fall _______ (pray/ prey) to many predators.
- Sea turtles live their (hole/whole) life in the sea.
- The turtles come ashore only during the _______ (night/knight).
- The predators follow the _______ (sent / scent) of the turtles to eat their eggs.
- The female turtles lay eggs and go back to the _______ (see / sea)
D. Use the dues and fill In the crossword puzzle.
- This word rhymes with seen.
- This animal has two horns and a spotted coat.
- This is a huge sea animal.
- Sounds like hair
- Shines brightly
- Rhymes with load
F. Look at the picture. Work in groups and give a short Wk about it using the words given below.
Good morning to one and all. I am going to speak about the Students’ Sea Turtle Conservation Network and its activities. This voluntary group protects the Olive Ridley turtles. The boys collect many eggs and incubate them in a hatchery. Thus they enjoy doing this service. As soon as the hatchlings come out, they safely take them in a basket of sand. After that, they leave them near the sea at night. The little turtles rush into the sea waves. However, rough sea conditions affect the turtles.
A turtle – is huge.
– has flippers to swim.
Turtles – live in the sea.
– have a connection with the land.
– are found in coastal waters.
– are wonderful creatures.
I. Match the two halves of the sentences and read them.
- Sea turtles – a. threaten the survival of sea turtles.
- Hatchlings – b. uses its front flippers to swim.
- A turtle – c. come ashore to lay eggs.
- Many factors – a. cut open the leathery eggshell.
K. Write a paragraph from the contents of the table given above. Frame sentences with these words – but as well as, whereas.
eg. A turtle, as well as a tortoise, belongs to the reptile family.
A turtle as well as a tortoise belongs to the reptile family. A tortoise is a land animal whereas a turtle is a sea animal. Both a tortoise and a turtle live long for many years. A tortoise uses its tiny feet to walk but a turtle uses flippers to swim. A tortoise feeds on grass, weeds, and flowers but a turtle eats insects and bugs.
L. Describe the picture in about fifty words and give a suitable title. Make use of the words/phrases given below.
There are many sea animals in the ocean. They are beautiful and wonderful in varied sizes, shapes, and structures. The fishes are in different colors and are of different varieties. Many rare species of fish are found in the deep sea. Most corals and exotic species are under the sea.
Other Important links for 6th English Book Back Answers:
Click here to download the complete 6th standard English Book Back Answers – Samacheer kalvi 6th English Book Back Answers
Tamil Nadu Class 6th Standard Book Back Guide PDF, Click the link – 6th Book Back Questions & Answers PDF