Samcheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 14 – Transportation In Plants And Circulation In Animals Book Back Answers:
TN Samacheer Kalvi 10th Standard New Science Book Back 1 Mark and 2 Mark Question & Answers Guide PDF uploaded and available below. Class 10 New Syllabus 2021 to 2022 Book Back Solutions available for both English and Tamil Mediums. Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Unit 14 – Transportation In Plants And Circulation In Animals Book Back Answers/solutions are provided on this page.
TN 10th Std Science Book Portion consists of 23 Units. Tamilnadu Class 10th Std Science consists of Physics Units 1 to 6, Chemistry Units 7 to 11, Biology Units 12 to 22, and Unit 23 – Visual Communication. Check Unit wise and Full Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Back Questions and Answers/Answer Key Guide PDF format for Free Download.
English, Tamil, Maths, and Social Science Book Back One and Two Mark Questions and Answers available in PDF. Check Science – Physics, Chemistry, and Biology, Social Science – History, Geography, Civics, Economics below. See below for Samacheer Kalvi 10th Science Book Back Answers Solutions Guide PDF:
10th Samacheer Kalvi Science Book Back Solutions:
Samacheer Kalvi 10th Books Science Subject 1 Mark and 2 Mark Solutions 2022 PDF for reduced syllabus available below. Check Physics, Chemistry, and Biology questions for English and Tamil Medium. Click the Download option to download Book Back 1 Mark questions and answers/Answers Key. Take the printout and use it for exam purposes.
10th Science Unit 14 – Book Back
Transportation In Plants And Circulation In Animals
I. Choose the best answer:
1. Active transport involves
a) Movement of molecules from lower to higher concentration
b) Expenditure of energy
c) It is an uphill task
d) All of the above
Ans : d) All of the above
2. Water that is absorbed by roots is transported to aerial parts of the plant
a) Cortex b) Epidermis c) Phloem d) Xylem
Ans : d) Xylem
3. During transpiration there is a loss of
a) Carbon dioxide b) Oxygen c) Water d) None of the above
Ans: c) Water
4. Root hairs are
a) Cortical cell b) Projection of epidermal cell
c) Unicellular d) Both b and c
Ans : d) Both b and c
5. Which of the following process requires energy?
a) Active transport b) Diffusion c) Osmosis d) All of them
Ans: a) Active transport
6. The wall of the human heart is made up of
a) Endocardium b) Epicardium c) Myocardium d) All of the above
Ans : d) All of the above
7. Which is the sequence of correct blood flow
a) Ventricle – atrium – vein – arteries b) Atrium – ventricle – veins – arteries
c) Atrium – ventricle – arteries – veins d) Ventricles – vein – atrium – arteries
Ans: c) Atrium – Ventricle – Arteries – Vein
8. A patient with blood group O was injured in an accident and has blood loss. Which blood group the doctor should effectively use for transfusion in this condition?
a) O group b) AB group c) A or B group d) All blood group
Ans : a) O group
9. ‘Heart of heart’ is called
a) SA node b) AV node c) Purkinje fibers d) Bundle of His
Ans : a) SA node
10. Which one of the following regarding blood composition is correct
a) Plasma – Blood + Lymphocytes b) Serum – Blood + Fibrinogen
c) Lymph – Plasma + RBC + WBC d) Blood – Plasma + RBC + WBC + Platelets
Ans : d) Blood – Plasma + RBC + WBC + Platelets
II. Fill in the blanks
1. involves evaporative loss of water from aerial parts. Ans : Transpiration
2. Water enters the root cell through a plasma membranes. Ans : Semi-permeable
3. Structures in roots that help to absorb water are Ans: Root hairs
4. Normal blood pressure is. Ans : 120 mm / 80 mm Hg
5. The normal human heartbeat rate is about time per minute. Ans : 72 – 75
III. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false):
|1. Symplastic pathway||(a) Leaf|
|2. Transpiration||(b) Plasmodesmata|
|3. Osmosis||(c) Pressure in xylem|
|4. Root Pressure||(d) Pressure gradient|
- (b) Plasmodesmata
- (a) Leaf
- (d) Pressure gradient
- (b) Pressure in xylem.
|1. Leukaemia||(a) Thrombocytes|
|2. Platelets||(b) Phagocyte|
|3. Monocytes||(c) Decrease in leucocytes|
|4. Leucopenia||(d) Blood Cancer|
|5. AB blood group||(e) Allergic condition|
|6. O blood group||(f) Inflammation|
|7. Eosinophil||(g) Absence of antigen|
|8. Neutrophils||(h) Absence of antibody|
- (d) Blood Cancer
- (a) Thrombocytes
- (b) Phagocyte
- (c) Decrease in leucocytes
- (h) Absence of antibody
- (g) Absence of antigen
- (e) Allergic condition
- (f) Inflammation.
III. True or False (Correct the Statement if it is false)
1. The phloem is responsible for the translocation of food. Ans : True.
2. Plants lose water by the process of transpiration. Ans : True.
3. The form of sugar transported through the phloem is glucose. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: The form of sugar transported through the phloem is Sucrose.
4. In apoplastic movement the water travels through the cell’s membrane and enters the cell. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: In symplastic movement, the water travels through the cell membrane and enters the cell.
5. When guard cells lose water the stoma opens. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: When the guard cells lose water the stoma closes.
6. Initiation and stimulation of heartbeat take place by nerves. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: Initiation and stimulation of heart beat take place by Sinoatrial (SA) node.
7. All veins carry deoxygenated blood. Ans : False.
Corrected statement: All veins, except the pulmonary vein, carry deoxygenated blood.
8. WBC defends the body from bacterial and viral infection. Ans : True.
9. The closure of mitral and tricuspid valves at the start of the ventricular systole produces the first sound ‘ LUBB’.
Ans : True.
Other Important links for 10th Science Book Answers Solutions:
Click Here for Complete 10th Science Samacheer Kalvi Book Back Answers – 10th Science Book Back Solutions