IBPS Clerk Notification 2022 – Exam Date, Syllabus for Main Exam
IBPS exams are commonly conducted on two levels namely the preliminary exam and the main exam. The main exam is the second stage of the IBPS Clerk exam 2022. The IBPS syllabus plays an important role in knowing the exam, a candidate is appearing for the exam. Candidates check the IBPS syllabus and Exam pattern for the main exam in a detailed manner below.
IBPS Clerk Recruitment 2022 – Overview
The overview of the IBPS Clerk Examination 2022,
|Exam Conducting By||Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS)|
|Name of Exam||IBPS Clerk 2022|
|Selection Process||Prelims and Mains|
|Duration of Exam||
|Marking scheme||1 mark each for every correct answer in Online Test|
|Negative mark||1/4th of the marks assigned to the wrong answer in MCQs|
|Mode of Examination||Online|
|Language of examination||English OR Hindi|
IBPS Clerk Main Exam Pattern
- The IBPS Clerk Main Exam is conducted for 200 marks(MCQ type).
- The total duration of the exam is 160 minutes.
- The IBPS Clerk Mains Exam has 190 questions that need to be completed in 160 minutes.
- The Computer Aptitude and Reasoning Ability Section used to be conducted separately. But, as per the recent update by IBPS, both these sections have been amalgamated together constituting a total of 50 Marks.
- candidates will have to qualify for each section with minimum cut-off marks.
- The candidates are shortlisted depending on the Online Examination.
|Sections||No. of Questions||Maximum Marks||Duration (in minutes)|
|Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude||50||60||45|
|General/ Financial Awareness||50||50||35|
IBPS Clerk Main Exam Syllabus
The main exam consists of Four sections,
- Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude
- Quantitative Aptitude
- English Language
- General/ Financial Awareness
IBPS Clerk Main Syllabus – Computer Aptitude
- Basics of Hardware and software
- Windows operating system basics
- Internet terms and services
- Basic Functionalities of MS-Office( MS-word, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint)
- History of computers
- Networking and communication
- Database basics
- Basics of Hacking
- Security Tools
IBPS Clerk Main Syllabus – Quantitative Aptitude
- Time and work
- Distance and time
- Mixture and allegation
- Stocks and shares
- Volume and Surface Area
- Bar & Graphs
- Line charts
- Height and Distances
- Permutation and combinations
- Simple and compound interest
- Equations, Probability
- Loss and Discount
- Data Interpretation
- Pie charts
IBPS Clerk Main Syllabus – English Language
- Word Formation
- Spotting Errors
- Phrases and idioms
- Direct and Indirect speech
- Active/ Passive voice
- Theme Detection
- Passage completion
- Topic rearrangement of passage
- Deriving Conclusion
IBPS Clerk Syllabus: General Awareness
- Current affairs related to national and international issues of the last 6 months,
- Overview of Indian Financial System,
- History of the Indian banking system
- Recent credit and monetary policies
- Introduction to National financial institutions like RBI, SEBI, IRDA, FSDC, etc and to International organizations like IMF, World Bank, ADB, UN, etc,
- Economic terminologies
- Banking Terms,
- Important Government Schemes on capital & money market
IBPS Clerk Syllabus 2021 FAQs
Q 1. What is the Selection Procedure for the IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam?
Ans. The candidates will be selected based on two stages: Prelims and Mains Exams. The candidates who score secured marks in the Mains Exam will be taken for final selection.
Q 2. What will be the language of the question in the IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam?
Ans. IBPS exams are conducted in 11 languages including English and Hindi. The English paper was conducted only in English.
Q 3. Will there be any negative marking in the IBPS Clerk 2021 Exam?
Ans. Yes, there will be a negative marking of 0.25 for every incorrect answer in both IBPS Clerk Prelims and Mains Exam.